Wednesday, November 10, 2010

NARA

I went to Nara with my friends.
Nara is one of the Japanese old town. There are many old historical buildings.
And Nara has also World Heritages. I went to one of the World Heritage in Nara, Toudai ji.

When we arrived at Nara, it was around 1 o'clock. Actually we didn't have lunch then, so first we went to Nara Machi. Nara Machi has many small nice cafes. The townscape is old japanese style. There are many narrow streets and Machiya. (Machiya is the Japanese old style house.) when I walked there, I felt as though I were a time-traveler in the old Japan.

We could find the really nice small cafe, and have lunch which was uses special products of Nara. It was really delicious. Especially Nara pork was perfect. After ate lunch, we went to Toudai ji. Todudai ji is the really big temple which is the most biggest wooden building in Japan. And it has the Great Buddha of Nara. Actually it was on thursday, but there are many people to see the Great Buddha. This year is anniversary for Nara. Nara was relocated as the capital city of Japan just 1300 years ago. So many people visit there.
The Great Buddha is really big and so beautiful. And I felt that I got the energy from him.
After toudai ji, we went to the small cafe to take a rest. We ate crapes there. It was also so delicious.
Nara is actually really old town, you can see many old buildings there. But there are also many modern nice cafes and buldings. And now, this season is really good for to see turned coler leaves. You should go to Nara at soon! I promise that you can have wonderful time there!
























1 comment:

  1. Your post illustrates how visual anthropology can be so much fun. Nara is a great setting for such research. I'd like to see photos of the food as well...

    ReplyDelete